Recycle, Re-Use, Save!
Grey water treatment systems collect, treat and recycle the relatively clean waste water from baths, sinks, washing machines, and other kitchen appliances, for the purpose of re-using it.
Grey water treatment produces recycled greywater that is re-usable as an alternate water source for irrigating gardens and flushing tiolets for example.
The innovative new AQUALOOP system from Intewa is the ideal grey water treatment and recycling solution and suited to both the residential and commercial sectors.
Grey water Recycling System
The AQUALOOP is an innovative new grey water treatment product from Intewa. The AQUALOOP recycles water to produce clean high quality germ-free water which is safe and reuseable.
The AQUALOOP effeiciently recycles surface water, groundwater, runoff water from wastewater treatment plants, industrial wastewater and household greywater. It can even be added to an existing rainwater harvesting system for water purification purposes.
The AQUALOOP system consists of a small number of modular components that can be assembled easily to meet idividual application requirements.
AQUALOOP is a modalar two tank system that utilises a three-stage treatment process.
- Course pre-filtration, the pre-removal of large contaminants like hair & skin.
- Biological degradation, a natural biological degradation of contaminants and reduction of COD/BOD and turbidity levels using growth media and aeration.
- Ultra-fine membranes, these filter the water to 0.2 microns and remove over 99.9% of any viruses & bacteria that may be present in the water.
Aqualoop to the Rescue
In cases where there is not enough rainwater available, or where there is not enough space for a large rainwater storage tank, the recycling of grey water can be the perfect solution to save mains water.
Christian Brothers Centre SA situated in beautiful Stellenbosch, in the Western Cape, installed the first AQUALOOP water treatment system in South Africa. The learning facility, set on magnificent lush grounds dating back to the late 1700's, rebuilt the old campus using sustainable systems. The Aqualoop installation collects greywater from a dormitory with 6 showers and hand basins and re-uses the clean, processed water to flush the toilets.
In this project, the AQUALOOP components are installed in locally made corrugated steel tanks. Using this principle, the AQUALOOP concept provides a very flexible and cost effective installation. Enabling local tank manufacturers to build up their own water re-use systems in house.
Water Treatment & Greywater Recycling System
- Treating domestic greywater for safe re-use or storing it indefinitely.
- Improvement of poor quality mains, rain/river/dam water to usable levels.
- Treating laundry water for safe re-use.
- Treatment of certain types of manufacturing "wash-down" water for re-use.
- Treating water for aquaristics and fish farming.
- Treating water for use in condensers or as coolant water.